Wednesday, March 19, 2008

so close...

I am almost home :)
---
So today was my day off/my last day in SF, and it didn't turn out half bad. I met with Ed (my guardian angel) who assured me that I was standing up for my rights (which I was very excited to hear).  He is truly a good-hearted man.  He had a root canal yesterday and wasn't even going to be at work today, but he left his house just to help me.  He told me that he has helped several students and his daughter will be attending school soon, and he was a student once, so he just felt for us-and gave himself away. He said that if they give me any trouble to tell them to take it up with my agent!  Amazing.  So after discussing the situation, he left and I waited for someone from our leasing office to meet me at our door for our inspection and they didn't even show (they called twice from  2 separate numbers over 2 and a 1/2 hours later, and didn't even leave a message-what nerve)!  SO!  I moved on with my day.  At first it didn't look very nice out, but by the time I was done chatting on gmail and being just plain lazy-the sun began to shine.  I knew I wanted to take the cable car, so I made my way to the wharf and had some In-N-Out!  Yum.  Then I just sat for a while, since I could feel the sun through the wind most of the time.  I walked back downtown following the tracks of the cable cars.  Somewhere along the way I was hit on by a young lady...it was a bit odd to say the least.  Darwin called me after his planned half-day turned into a full day and we went to Britex-a fabric store with some really beautiful and incredible stuff.  We met up with his man who was wonderful and then said our goodbyes!  
---
I just said goodbye to Stephen, one of our doormen, who is really one of the best things about my experience here!  He inherited our mirror, swiffer, my muni fast-pass, what's left on our laundry card, and 2 cans of soup! He deserves it.
---
Well, it looks like San Francisco and I had a pretty decent relationship, but I'm ready to move on...

1 comment:

Serenity said...

hi. dan and i are doing well. are you and rhett still making music?

my biggest struggle with time and waiting and wanting is maintaining perspective. i can get it for about a minute and lose it in the next breath. i hope that is something that fades as i grow older and become a real adult.

it is good to know that other people feel the same.