Thursday, March 27, 2008

revelations.

Wow.  What a trip.  So, I just spent a couple of days with a group of people that keep me going and keep me smiling and it was just really wonderful.  We were on our way to Gatlinburg on Monday morning and as the day progressed we ran into a slight problem.  I got in my first car accident.  At approximately 2:30PM I rear-ended one Elvis E. Pressley near Knoxville, Tennessee.  (Yes, that was the most ridiculous thing about it).  Everyone reassured me that it was really not something that could have been prevented and told me that I had handled it well-it was really positive encouragement.  I still don't know if it is totaled or if I am going to be car-less for a long period of time, but I just have to trust that I will be taken care of, and that all will be well.  I was unexplainably calm through it all though, everyone seemed a bit surprised.  I didn't cry, which surprised me.  Tears did begin to well up in my eyes later as I realized just how much responsibility had been in my hands.  Someone very dear to myself and the rest of the group could have been seriously hurt or killed, which is terrifying.  God truly provided for us as no one was seriously injured.  It was so nerve-wrecking.  Cait is such a trooper and her strength was shining through even though she was feeling the pain more than anyone else.  I'm really not sure how I got through it as well as I did though, I have been seeing ways that God is strengthening my heart lately, and it's really a blessing since I don't consider myself a strong person. Anyway, other than the accident we had a blast, and really I'm not sure another group of people could have remained so positive through an accident-so I was lucky to have done it when I did I guess...We hiked, hot-tubbed, tabooed, star-gazed, had incredible fellowship during meals, and really just experienced one another.  It was wonderful and I am blessed to have had this opportunity.
---
I am really asking God to reveal some of the answers to my questions...maybe I just have too many.

2 comments:

Aaron said...

you are awesome.

Anonymous said...

I think he's plenty big enough for your plethora of questions;-) love you.