Saturday, March 15, 2008

pan's labyrinth

So I watched the movie Pan's Labyrinth all by my lonesome last night...it was kind of terrifying.  It was really gory and had some super creepy creatures in it, but all in all it was really magical.  I'm pretty sure I'm going to watch it again today along with all of the special featurettes (because I'm a dork + because I can).  I just want to absorb a little more from it though, there are many things to be picked up.  One part in particular that I really enjoyed was actually the message spoken by a priest during a funeral which went like this:

"The essence of forgiveness lies in His word and in His mystery.  Because although God sends us the message, it is our task to decipher it.  Because when we open our arms, the earth takes in only a hollow and senseless shell.  Far away now is the soul in its eternal glory.  Because it is in pain that we find the meaning of life and the state of grace that we lose when we are born.  Because God in His infinite wisdom puts the solution in our hands.  And because it is only in His physical presence that the place He occupies in our souls is reaffirmed".

---
This morning Lauren and I went on a "Journey to the Cross" with our church.  It was pretty cool (other than the fact that my toes are still recuperating from the cold).  The place we went to is called Mt. Davidson and it is the highest natural point in SF.  There is a 103 ft cross at the top of it.  It was really beautiful.  We were challenged to lay our burdens on Him and live joyfully and just remember and celebrate the time that we are in.  I enjoyed it.

He is good.

No comments: