Sunday, March 9, 2008

and it was Good.

"I will punish her for all those times
      when she burned incense to her images of Baal,
   when she put on her earrings and jewels
      and went out to look for her lovers
   but forgot all about me,”
      says the Lord
.

 “But then I will win her back once again.
      I will lead her into the desert
      and speak tenderly to her there.
 I will return her vineyards to her
      and transform the Valley of Trouble into a gateway of hope.
   She will give herself to me there,
      as she did long ago when she was young,
      when I freed her from her captivity in Egypt.
 When that day comes,” says the Lord
,
      “you will call me ‘my husband’
      instead of ‘my master.’
 O Israel, I will wipe the many names of Baal from your lips,
      and you will never mention them again.
 I will make you my wife forever,
      showing you righteousness and justice,
      unfailing love and compassion.

 I will be faithful to you and make you mine,
      and you will finally know me as the Lord
."       -Hosea 2:13-17, 19-20

---

I was talking with a very dear friend this weekend who reminded me about God's endless grace and love.  No matter how lost, distant, far, or detached I feel, and no matter how unfaithful I am-God is always loving, pursuing, and waiting for me.  That is peace.  That is comfort.  That is love.  We are however, in the middle of a big spiritual war.  I will admit I think my weakness holds me captive most of the time, and I'm going to try to fight my demons with a little more vigor.  

No comments: