Saturday, March 22, 2008

!

I am so happy to be back in Ohio...that's weird!  But, it's true.  It's hard to feel comfortable when you can't really settle somewhere (or at least it is for me).  Anyway, I have things to look forward to and I'm excited about them.  I also no longer have long hair!  WOO!
---
Here's something from my devotional that I read last week (taken from Captivating) that hit me pretty hard:

"For a woman to enjoy relationship, she must repent of her need to control and her insistence that people fill her.  Fallen Eve demands that people 'come through' for her.  Redeemed Eve is being met in the depths of her soul by Christ and is free to offer to others, free to desire, and willing to be disappointed.  Fallen Eve has been wounded by others and withdraws in order to protect herself from further harm.  Redeemed Eve knows that she has something of value to offer; that she is made for relationship. Therefore, being safe and secure in her relationship with her Lord, she can risk being vulnerable with others and offer her true self".

Yeah.  That's pretty much it.
---
There's also the challenge of really absorbing what Easter means.  I'm going to try my hardest to really reflect on all that our Lord has done for us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YOU:-) I'm kinda sad I just discovered that you've been writing in a blog while you were away! OH WELL... I'm excited to see you when I come back!!