Monday, March 17, 2008

...

I am totally at work writing this...oops. Yesterday was my last day at Cornerstone, which is pretty sad. I've been so blessed that Nikki found this church and invited me to it. It really has been great and through it I have learned many things and God has revealed many things. I will miss it, which is actually comforting, because I thought that after attending Northstar I could never become attached to another church (I was really fearful of it actually) so God has been faithful and again has told me not to worry.
---
Yesterday was a good day. After church we got brunch, headed to the De Young museum, then out to Japantown. It really was good to get out-I avoid opportunity like that regularly. I find it very easy to shut myself out and away from the world, so I like it when there are people and places that challenge me to do otherwise. I am thankful for them.
---
So I'm really excited for spring and summer, which is good, but I feel like it is still causing me to live a little bit more for the future and look past my opportunity now. I just feel like I'm wasting time. I was reading my devotional this morning and this scripture (Eph. 5:14b-16 NIV, The Message) was really challenging and exciting:

"Wake up, O sleeper,
rise from the dead,
and Christ will shine on you."
Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise,
making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil.

Wake up from your sleep,
Climb out of your coffins;
Christ will show you the light!
So watch your step. Use your head.
Make the most of every chance you get.
These are desperate times!

So then I was listening to Switchfoot during my walk to work and of course songs like "Dare You to Move" and "Meant to Live" came on, challenging me all over again.
---
We must stop wasting time.

1 comment:

Serenity said...

i found the link on your facebook, i think.

i feel exactly like this right now in my life too.