Wednesday, February 27, 2008

present

God has really been talking to me about living in the present.
---
My focus is usually what is ahead...or what has been.  I reminisce or I dream.
---
I was listening to a sermon this morning where "self-talk" was discussed. Apparently we as average people hear 1200 words a minute of ourselves. Wow.  That's crazy-but really not surprising at all.  I'm always in my own head.  The thing that we must be careful of is what we are saying to ourselves.  I think that very regularly I talk to myself about the future, about my plans.  It's bad enough that that's a common thought, but even there I said "my" plans...
---
God has been telling me to focus on NOW.  On what is sitting right in front of me.  We must be careful.  We must make a choice...that choice is to take the opportunity God is presenting to us with + go.

No comments: