Tuesday, May 13, 2008

thread the light.

Life has been absolutely crazy.
I'm not even sure where to begin...I have been blessed with having truly been experiencing God in my life, more than ever, more tangibly than I knew possible-and it has brought true joy into my life.  I have never felt more loved, more romanced.  It is crazy.  Crazy crazy.  Good crazy.

Last night I saw The Swell Season (Marketa Irglova & Glen Hansard from "Once").  It was so incredibly inspiring.  I felt the Lord's presence as I sat in the theatre.  I ordered tickets a little too late so Adam had to sit in the row in front of me until the very end of the show, but really, that was good in itself.  I just felt wrapped up in love the whole night.  I sat next to a really wonderful couple who was keeping me company for a bit, but it was great to just be in that setting and not be surrounded by people I knew. The theatre was wonderful too...it was very intimate.  It was really just amazing.  Here is a lyric that gave me goosebumps and butterflies for a long period of time:

Thread the Light,
Shine the Light,
Don't hide the Light,
Live the Light,
and Give the Light,
Seek the Light,
and Speak the Light,
Crave the Light,
and Brave the Light,
Stare the Light,
and Share the Light,
Show the Light,
and Know the Light,
Raise the Light,
and Praise the Light,
Thread the Light,
and Spread the Light.

Amazing.

Now, a quote that I love that I feel goes quite well with that:

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.  Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.  It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.  We ask ourselves, "Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous?"  Actually, who are you not to be?  You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn't serve the world.  There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure about you.  We are all meant to shine, as children do.  We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.  It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone.  And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.  As we are liberated from our own fear our presence automatically liberates others.    -Nelson Mandela

God is so good...He is really stirring people up right now.  

Amen.

No comments: