Thursday, April 3, 2008

till I only dwell in Thee...

Things have felt more complicated lately for some strange reason.  I was told recently that I think Calvinistic-ally because I am constantly searching for the "why" in the reason.  I do believe that God allows us to be in every situation for a reason-so I try to figure out why...it's not an easy thing to learn though.  I think that most of the time we don't understand it until later, which should be okay.  

I have been humbled this week.  I haven't really had a voice, which feels very strange.  I can't remember the last time I was hoarse or losing my voice.  It's crazy.  It's quieted me a bit which is interesting-I've learned that I really love talking.  It also has hurt to laugh, which is just sad.  The most humbling part though, is that I can't sing.  I really dislike it. Actually, I think it's more of a hatred.  It's so weird how disturbing it feels-but like I said...it's humbling and I don't think we can ever be humbled enough-so it's good.

I've been learning that I almost always have bad intentions, that I'm weak, tired, messed up, completely and fully imperfect, and that I'm sinful...but even though I am all of these and more, I am adored, beloved, cared for, admired, and paid for.  It's truly amazing.  Every day we betray innocent blood, and everyday that blood is wiped away.  We are so lucky and so blessed.  Why can't we just get that through our tiny heads?
---
"Who shall separate us from the love of Christ?  Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword?  As it is written: 'For your sake we face death all day long; we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.'  No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.  For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither heights nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord".           -Romans 8:35-39

1 comment:

Ben Newell said...

Sometimes asking Why? too much can lead us into confusion. Often times it can help to take heart knowing that what happens- happens for a reason, and to just let that be.